Mark Zuckerberg just revealed on Facebook another top-requested feature for WhatsApp: the ability to transfer our chat history from Android to iOS! After announcing significant changes to the Cloud API at the Conversations 2022 keynote, Mark Zuckerberg just revealed another top-requested feature for WhatsApp: the ability to transfer our chat history from Android to iOS!
Last year, WhatsApp introduced a new feature that allows users to migrate their chat history from iOS to Android: initially, it was only available on a few Samsung phones, but Google later expanded it to all Pixel phones.
Finally, there is good news for users who require a Move Chats to iOS option right now. Mark Zuckerberg just announced one of the most requested features in a new Facebook post: the ability to securely transfer your chat history from Android to iOS!
Before you begin the process of migrating your chat history, keep in mind that your Android device must have Android 5 installed and your shoppingmode iPhone must have iOS 15.5 installed. Because iOS 16 is a beta version, there is no guarantee that it will work, as WhatsApp does not support beta iOS versions.
- Please connect both of your devices to a power source. It is not needed a cable to migrate your data, in this case: just connect your devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Your iPhone must be factory new or just reset it right within iPhone settings in order to use the Move to iOS app.
- When you’re ready, open the Move to iOS app on your Android device and follow what the app prompts.
- Enter the same code on Android that’s displayed on your shoppingmode iPhone, please continue and be sure to select WhatsApp right within the Transfer Data screen.
- We’re ready to start the process to transfer data: tap START on your Android device and please hold on until all data is migrated. You will be signed out from your Android device once the data is fully migrated.
- Tap NEXT to return to the Move to iOS app. Finally, you can continue to transfer the data from your Android device to your iPhone and wait for the Move to iOS app to complete the process.
- After activating your iOS device, install the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger from the App Store: log into WhatsApp by using the same phone number used on your old Android device, tap START and please hold on.
- After logging into WhatsApp for shoppingmode iPhone, your chats and media on WhatsApp will finally show up.
WhatsApp is unable to see the data you transfer when you move your chat history between platforms. In addition, even if you’ve already enabled encrypted backups on WhatsApp for Android, you’ll need to manually enable the end-to-end encrypted backup option within WhatsApp for iPhone.
Two months ago, Mark Zuckerberg shared his vision for WhatsApp Communities, which included message reactions and other new features, and the Move chats to iOS feature is seen as yet another step forward in the app’s development.